SISU PR is a Vancouver-based boutique public relations and communications agency that specializes in promoting destinations, tourism & hospitality businesses and culinary & lifestyle brands. We handle hotel and restaurant openings, help destinations shape their place within the travel landscape and ensure brands get the attention and business they hoped for. Our approach is based on research, strategy and planning, inspired storytelling, perseverance and a drive to exceed expectations. Every client is a valued extension of the SISU brand and receives exceptional care. Innovative programs generate exposure, increase brand recognition and ultimately contribute to economic success.
The business is founded on a core value represented by the Finnish word “SISU," a character trait that enables individuals to harness an extra reserve of strength to achieve extraordinary action. In Finland, SISU (meaning brave, fearless and determined) has been central to their culture for 600 years. Principal and Founder, Michelle Dunn named the agency in honour of her Helsinki-born mother and her own Finnish genes.
WHY INVEST IN PR?
PR professionals regularly work with media and influencers who then provide a third-party endorsement about your business. This is an unbiased opinion from a trusted source outside the company telling your story to your guest which is far more valuable, credible and compelling. Ultimately, it's low in capital and high in output and results.
“If I was down to the last dollar of my marketing budget I’d spend it on PR!” – Bill Gates
“Publicity is absolutely critical. A good PR story is infinitely more effective than a front page ad.” – Richard Branson
5 REASONS TO HIRE SISU PR:
1. We are professionals. Years of experience, strong media relationships, understanding of the media landscape, loads of credibility and plenty of ROI.
2. We have mad skills. We practice our craft daily - strategy development, creative ideas, inspired writing and media pitching, it’s what we do.
3. We are storytellers. We find all the story angles and help to generate content for your business.
4. To generate brand awareness. We’ll get your target audiences talking positively about you, protect your reputation and keep you a relevant part of the conversation.
5. To compete with your competitors. If THEY use a PR agency, you need one to keep up. If they don’t, and you do, you’ll have the advantage.